Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On Hospitals, Holidays, and Hamming it up…

“You’re a fridge putter backer”, says K.

“I would never put the coffee back in the fridge!”, say I.

“Are you going to blog about how you’re not a fridge putter backer?”, says K.

“Yes!”, say I.

“So your first blog is going to be a lie?”, says K.

***************************************************

This brings to mind “The English Patient” when Kristen Scott Thomas says to Ralph Fiennes: “Am I K. in your book?”

Oh, “The English Patient” is a book, too? Hmmm…Should read it. But, I’m too busy not reading this. Wonderful book. Just have been side-tracked with hospitals, holidays, and hamming it up onstage in Florida.

It’s daunting to think of what damage I can do with a blank, white space. Had a blog back when people walked 5-miles a day to school in the show with clubbed feet, you know – when Friendster was the omg for social networking sites. But I ended up blogging about farts and gerbils. I’d like to make a vow that I will only employ the side of myself that is professional and elegant; but though my will be strong, it doesn’t realize the importance of eradicating my very nature. It (will) will, however, not make this a place for you to bottleneck…I mean, rubberneck. The guideline I lay out for myself, and heartfelt promise I make to you is that this will not be a “carwreck” blog. Not overly personal. I promise to always edit and tie up with ribbons in a cute, li’l package.


Who cares – it’s just a blog. Only a couple people will ever read it. And I’ve chosen a pen name (a made-up name from my childhood) because I don’t want this searchable in connection with myself, though I have linked it to Facebook. According to wikipedia, my blog will be like many others who “function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic.” It will not be a genre blog, or a vlog for that matter. It will be highly unoriginal. But I just want to carve myself out a little home where friends and family can read up on me and conversations can ensue.

No comments:

Post a Comment